Bugle Forklift Sales & Rentals Ltd. is proud to offer the Lift Truck (Forklift) Operator Safety Course through the Alberta Safety Council. This one day course is designed to help the operator be more aware of safe operating practices while operating any type of lift truck. The course consists of both classroom instruction and a hands-on practical portion. Each operator will be required to demonstrate his or her knowledge and skills while operating a motorized lift truck.
For your convenience we also offer onsite training at your location (minimum charges apply). Please call 403-243-4152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: Students should have some experience or an employer willing to provide some forklift operating time prior to enrollment. This course is not DRIVER training.
Bugle Forklift Operator Safety Training prevents damage to products, property and (most importantly) people!
* Introduction/Course Overview
* Federal and Provincial Labour Standards
* The Competent Operator
* Pre-Operation Checklist
* Propane & Gas Refuelling, Battery Care
* Operating a Lift Truck Safety
* Forks & Mast
* Travelling (Loaded/Unloaded)
* Loading & Unloading, Stacking & Unstacking
* Different types of Loads
* Ramps, Inclines, Dock Safety, Parking
* General Safety of Lift Truck Operators
* Lift Truck Stability (Including Effects of Momentum, Centrifugal Force, Leverage, Speed Turning, Load Centre, Centre of Gravity, Lifting of Loads)
PM Session: Note - the Practical Exam is outside. Please dress appropriately for the weather!
* Lift Truck Pre-Inspection (Walk Around)
* Operator Evaluation
* Hands-on (Actual Use of Lift Truck)
* Certification Exam